Wednesday, June 07, 2006

overwhelmed... again.

Once again, I'm feeling rather overwhelmed with stress. I wish I could say I was feeling overwhelmed with happiness, love, pride in my children, anything like that. But I've got crap coming at me from four different angles, and it's got me in no mood to blog about it. The few times I have tried to open up about it and talk to someone, well, I only end up fighting back tears, so let's just leave all that alone. I've been trying to come up with some other good stuff to talk about, and all I come up with are snippets of random things. So here goes...

I'm into my third week of running. It feels really good. I'm not going far, or long, and I don't know how much it's doing for any kind of weight loss, but it's nice. Did I mention weight loss? I get questions about why in the world I would be concerned with weight loss. "You're already so tiny." Okay, fine. But I'm 5'2", and when I'm fit and in good health, I don't even tip the scales at 100, and I've been this way for years, even after having two kids. Remember people, ELF STOCK. But for the past couple years, I haven't been very physically active, and it has started to take its toll... 20 lbs. worth. And 20 lbs. is an awful lot on me. "NOOOO, I can't believe it! I saw your abs in that picture, and there's no way you are 20 lbs. overweight!" Well, remember people, that was just my stomach, and for those of you who know me in person, you know where any extra weight goes. Yes, it was hiding behind me. Ghetto booty, pa-tonk-tonk, or junk in the trunk... I've got it bad, and I want it to leave! So wish me all the will power to continue getting up early every morning to run. If not, then there may not be enough room left for the rest of my co-workers to get into our office.

Next topic. I recently found an old friend of mine from high school. Steve. We spent some fun times together, but please do not bring up the time again when I broke your mom's couch in the den. Hey, it was an old couch, let it die! So I found Steve on MySpace, and I have gotten to catch a small glimpse into his life, despite the fact that I have not yet spoken to him. (I'm going to call soon, I promise!) Anyway, he's engaged to the cutest girl named Holly, and they're like the cutest rocker couple you ever saw! He's all tatooed up, riding around on his scooter, and I couldn't imagine he'd grow up any other way. And would you believe... he lives in the same state that I do now? Not like I'm going to go visiting or anything, it's just a co-inky-dink.

Well, I was going to post some new pics, but I seem to be having some trouble up-loading anything, so not this time. Darn! And I was going to post a pic of my size 5.5/6 foot for you. But maybe it's better that I didn't. If I didn't know any better, I'd just think you have a foot fetish!

Happy Humpday everyone... the weekend is now within reach!

No comments: