Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm your number 1 fan!!!

Really, the title of this post should be "I'm a number 1 geek!" Or, "Why I'm a pitiful middle-aged woman who still thinks she is a teenager!" See, I have a confession to make. It's really quite embarrassing, and my husband teases me endlessly about it. Are you ready for this? Okay, I am a member of the John Mayer fan club. A bona-fide, card-carrying, paying member of the John Mayer fan club. Yes, John Mayer, that same cotton-candy sickenly sweet pop-star that sings directly to teenage girls and makes them swoon, but makes all other members of the population go into fits of disgust? Well, I confess... I LOVE HIM, and I even pay to love him!!! I can hear you now... "Whyyyyyy?! NOOOOOO, not him!" Well, I can't help it. I discovered that if I became a member of his fan club, then I could get awesome tickets to his concerts, AND I could buy those concert tickets before the general public. Reason enough for me. But as a bonus, I also get "breaking news" about his upcoming releases, tours, etc. And that's what has me so excited... he has been recording a new album, and I am impatiently waiting for us "members" to have access, before you people in the "public", to have a listen to the first single from this new album, Continuum. So nanny-nanny-boo-boo!!!

No comments: