Monday, June 26, 2006

I will not talk about work.

Well, I don't have much to report, as I don't like to fill my blog with the mundane details of work. And that's all I've been doing lately - work, work and more work. It's during this time of year that my kids forget what I look like because they see me so rarely.

Actually, my work is not mundane, boring, or anything like that. I do have a job that is fun and that I do enjoy (most of the time), and I work with the best group of people ever.

{Side scenario... two Sundays ago, we all worked until midnight, on a Sunday, driving from building to building, caravan style, hauling some very heavy art "stuff". Boxes and boxes and boxes. No one complained. Everyone chipped in and carried more than they could. And we got it done. Because we had to. Actually, they didn't HAVE to. It was my responsibility. But I needed them. And they came. I owe them a lung or something.}

So the past two weeks of work have been extremely hard, overwhelming, and creeping into my every thought. And considering that I am dealing with a dying mother, a daughter who is about to go off to a very expensive private college, and all the other usual suspects (two boys, a husband and a father-in-law who don't know how to communicate with each other), I don't have much space in my brain for this work thing. And yet, there it is, consuming my every waking moment, and most of my sleeping ones as well... WORK!!!

However, I said I wasn't going to go into the mundane details (like all the schedule changes, calls for supplies, confused students, etc.) Instead, I'm going to give you my shopping list. Yes, I said my shopping list. In the past month, starting with a zero balance, I have managed to max out, actually exceed the spending limit on my corporate credit card. Here's just a sampling of what I have purchased in the past month... 75 flash drives imprinted with logo, 125 plastic dress forms (they look like shiny black bodies), 4 suites of living room furniture, a 16'x16' rug, 100 lbs. of cuttlefish bone, 12 nights of hotel rooms for two interns, 2 200-piece tinkertoy sets, 2 100-piece fiddlestix sets, a 160 gb external harddrive, a whole mess of printmaking paint, hundreds of cd-r's and dvd-r's, paper, magazines, a food processor, do-dads, and I don't know what else. And of course, I have a shopping trip scheduled for tomorrow. I think I'm supposed to buy a microwave. AHHHHH!!!!

No comments: