Monday, December 18, 2006
How funny... twelve days before Christmas, my neighbor and good friend, "Lizard" started getting odd items left on her porch. Each item is supposed to symbolize one of the twelve days of Christmas and each one has a cute little note attached with ribbon. For instance, the gift for a partridge in a pear tree was a can of pears. The gift for two turtle doves was a box of turtle chocolate candies with a Dove soap bar taped on top. So I'm thinking, WOW, what a cute idea... I wish I had thought of that. The funny part, is that Lizard thinks that I AM the responsible party. She is convinced that it's me, she says I'm the only one she knows who is creative enough to do that. Um, pardon me, do you actually KNOW me?! Really, thanks for the props, but I'm not creative. Just because I work at an art school, does not creative make. But in her mind, further proof that it is me... on the fourth day of Christmas, her secret santa didn't leave anything. And of course, Lizard was with me most of the day, so she figures that I couldn't leave anything on her porch because we were together. I'm just thinking that if her secret santa never reveals herself, then I'm going to get a lot of credit for this one!
Friday, December 08, 2006
- I've had to be a hard-ass at work and lecture my troops. Which, if you know me, and know that I make a joke out of everything, you also know that it's hard for me to come off as halfway serious, let alone threatening.
- I actually had someone break down in tears during a teleconference, rendering me speechless. I still don't know what to say about it.
- I was approached to fill an even higher position at work, but I only gave it a second's consideration, because I finally believe in what I'm doing.
- When I had to draw for secret santas today, I chose the name of a person that I often cannot remember because I only refer to her as "Fraggle Rock".
- I made travel arrangements to go to a conference in Nashville, Tennessee, somewhere that I have never been.
- My twelve-year-old son confided to me that he has started shaving. I'm not sure what, though.
- My daughter announced to us that she is quitting college and enlisting in the Air Force.
- Every day I realize that my youngest son is actually the clone of all my most annoying habits. No wonder I think he's so cool!
What does next week have in store for me? Lord only knows... I just hope I can finish the Christmas shopping!
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Wow, I didn't expect to be gone from blogging for this long. I like blogging. I like the purging feeling it gives me of letting everything go, laying it all out on paper (or the screen), and being done with it. I like focusing on the funny little things that happen everyday. And I like sharing stuff with my friends who read this thing, all three of you. I like blogging, until stuff starts happening that is so far beyond my control, that I don't even know what to say. And that has been the last two months. I still don't really know what to say. But I guess I need to get it out there. So, in just a few words: my mom died of lung and brain cancer a few weeks ago, my daughter is quitting college to enlist in the Air Force, and I got a big promotion into a position that I know nothing about. Cool. That's out of the way now.