Saturday, March 17, 2007

catchup, ketchup, catsup

Well, two months goes by, and I don't have much to show for it. I did get that treadmill and downloaded Puddle of Mudd to my ipod, but I haven't given up the Pinot. Flavor of the moment, Twisted Pig. I bought it only because I liked the name, but it turned out to be a good one. I am running on a sporadic basis, and its helping the stress levels. Which is good, because I need all the help I can get. Actually, I think I need to jump on the treadmill right now. I've got a headache that won't go away, and my neurologist is pretty sure that they are stress-induced.

E is doing better. She came to her senses, left the boy, moved back home, and will be going to basic training on May 8. The countdown begins. She has been assigned her job, air traffic controller. Awesome! I am very glad that she is taking a better path in life, but damn, she makes me nervous.

Work is tough. I find myself having to make ethical decisions on a daily basis. What is the right, what is wrong. I think I have a good moral compass, but its just a lot of pressure. Run, Kimmy, run!

And the rest of the circus... Stevie is working some crazy overtime right now, lots of planes. And he wants me to help him re-do his resume, to post for a nice little promotion. The boys are both doing their sports now, another hockey season for Charlie, and a first attempt at baseball for Sammy. I've been really proud of his effort, and his natural athletic skill is apparent. Well, except for the time he took a fly ball to the schnoz. Luckily it didn't break, but there was definitely some blood. Papa is terribly grumpy lately. He had shoulder surgery and is tired of having his arm in a sling. He just wants to get back on the golf course, but his physical therapist said he would have to wait about 5 more months for that. Oh, and the twins... we've practically adopted Charlie's friends, Zaak and Ouzal. Sweet boys, I think I will keep them.

Oh, but a break is on the horizon. We're planning a little mini vacation up to Chattanooga, to go to the aquarium. A long weekend, and we're meeting our friends Tonia and Eric up there. I can't wait, I need a diversion!

No comments: