Friday, December 08, 2006

The week in review

  • I've had to be a hard-ass at work and lecture my troops. Which, if you know me, and know that I make a joke out of everything, you also know that it's hard for me to come off as halfway serious, let alone threatening.
  • I actually had someone break down in tears during a teleconference, rendering me speechless. I still don't know what to say about it.
  • I was approached to fill an even higher position at work, but I only gave it a second's consideration, because I finally believe in what I'm doing.
  • When I had to draw for secret santas today, I chose the name of a person that I often cannot remember because I only refer to her as "Fraggle Rock".
  • I made travel arrangements to go to a conference in Nashville, Tennessee, somewhere that I have never been.
  • My twelve-year-old son confided to me that he has started shaving. I'm not sure what, though.
  • My daughter announced to us that she is quitting college and enlisting in the Air Force.
  • Every day I realize that my youngest son is actually the clone of all my most annoying habits. No wonder I think he's so cool!

What does next week have in store for me? Lord only knows... I just hope I can finish the Christmas shopping!

No comments: