Monday, December 18, 2006

The twelve days of Christmas

How funny... twelve days before Christmas, my neighbor and good friend, "Lizard" started getting odd items left on her porch. Each item is supposed to symbolize one of the twelve days of Christmas and each one has a cute little note attached with ribbon. For instance, the gift for a partridge in a pear tree was a can of pears. The gift for two turtle doves was a box of turtle chocolate candies with a Dove soap bar taped on top. So I'm thinking, WOW, what a cute idea... I wish I had thought of that. The funny part, is that Lizard thinks that I AM the responsible party. She is convinced that it's me, she says I'm the only one she knows who is creative enough to do that. Um, pardon me, do you actually KNOW me?! Really, thanks for the props, but I'm not creative. Just because I work at an art school, does not creative make. But in her mind, further proof that it is me... on the fourth day of Christmas, her secret santa didn't leave anything. And of course, Lizard was with me most of the day, so she figures that I couldn't leave anything on her porch because we were together. I'm just thinking that if her secret santa never reveals herself, then I'm going to get a lot of credit for this one!

No comments: