Wednesday, January 03, 2007

3 days down, 362 to go... Lord help me!

Well, thanks to the big E, 2007 is off to a roaring start!
Ugh... where do I begin?! Honestly, this one is a doozy, so as is my style, I'll spew just to get it off my chest, but with brevity...
  • E was not doing well in school, so we felt it best to pull the plug before another $10,000 was spent on another semester.
  • The following week, she was going to enlist in the Air Force and it seemed like a great fit... she scored a 92 on her ASVAB, ensuring her of a great career field, and she seemed totally focused.
  • Two weeks later, after a nice Christmas, winding down the holidays, her ex-boyfriend/friend/maybe boyfriend again comes for a visit, and the next thing you know, she's got a ring and he's asking for her hand in marriage. Active duty Air Force is now not an option.
  • Throw in some attitude, some tears and some illegal drug use, and quite honestly, I don't know what the f*** the outcome is.
  • I do know that wine is now my best friend.

So, if you see me around this week, please oh pete, DO NOT ask me if I had a good New Year's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.