Saturday, September 02, 2006

Depot, the cat

Am I turning into the cat lady?! I think I might be, but I'll let you be the judge... Today we went to the Home Depot, as we do most weekends. Mission - to buy plants and dirt (same mission we have every weekend). I did not see anything that I really wanted (probably because I already have all those same plants), so I popped my head in to look at the pots (yeah, like I need anymore of those, either!) Anyway, I see a kitty hiding out behind the big bean pots. Beautiful kitty. Big kitty. I walk up, call him out, and he's a total sweety. He obviously belonged to someone at one point in time. So I pick him up, walk him to the counter, and they have never seen him before (unlike the other crazy kitty that actually lives in the garden center and meows pitifully all day). I checked with customer service, but they also reported no missing cats. Then we took him next door to the Pet Smart. Again, no missing kitties. What was I to do? Bring him home, of course. The kitty shall be called, "Depot". I'll have to take him to the vet and groomers on Tuesday. I just hope he learns how to get along with the other animals here at the farm. Anyway, I'll post a picture, just as soon as he decides to quit hiding under my bed.

No comments: