Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day to meeeeeee

Holy cow, I feel like a queen! I'm not sure why, but Mother's Day is becoming a bigger and bigger deal every year in the house of Beveridge.

Last year Stevie had not done well for Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, my birthday, our anniversary, April's Fools Day, or any other day, for that matter. I was getting frustrated. From time to time I need a materialistic outpouring of love. So I put in some serious pouting time during the days leading up to Mother's Day, and I dropped numerous hints about an ipod. Well, the boy gave in and delivered. Looooove the ipod!

2006 is different. The boy has been doing well all year, delivering plenty of gifts and baubles on the appropriate days. I would have been fine with some arts and crafts creations from the kids and maybe a new pot of flowers. But apparently the ipod set precedence, because he went out and bought me a new digi cam. Wooohooo!!! I've been wanting one for a while, as our old camera was almost toast. It held up well, considering it was almost 10 years old. But it was definitely time for a replacement. The new one is a Canon PowerShot SD550, and it is awesome! I also received a new pair of earbuds for my ipod (pink, of course), the new Red Hot Chili Peppers cd, a pair of Gap jammie pants and undies, and a cool vase (made in E's ceramics class) full of gorgeous roses. Yes, I'm S-P-O-I-L-E-D!!!














I'd like to say I spent the day hanging out with my kids, because they are the whole reason for the holiday. But they were having too much fun outside with the neighborhood gang, which left me to get some other things accomplished. I spent a while filling out E's FAFSA, but thankfully that didn't take me too long. Then I spent the rest of the day putting in some quality time with the Red Rocket. She really needed some TLC-washing, waxing, vacuuming. We went out for a little spin, and then posed for pictures...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day! I hope you had a very nice day! Did you get my mothers day message and picture? It's good seeing your picture since its been so long since the last time we've seen one another. Take care! Zackery