Wednesday, May 10, 2006

a blog a month

What is wrong with me? It seems like I can only post once a month to this thing. It's not like nothing in my life is happening, so I have nothing to talk about. Au contraire mon frair... too much in my life is going on.

I went to VA last month, and the visit went well. I feel confident that my dad is able to take care of my mom and her illness, and he seems to be keeping it together. My mom's condition kind of freaked me out a little. She looked scary. Her face was swollen from taking steroids, and she only had a few patches of hair left. But worse than all that, she was in a perpetual state of pissed-off. It was uncomfortable to see her laser eyes at my dad, CONSTANTLY.

I did have a highlight to my trip, other than the peaceful time by myself in the hotel... I went to visit Monica at City Hall, and she cleared her schedule for the afternoon so she could take me around town. She drove me around and showed me everything I have missed in the last TWELVE YEARS. It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed spending time with her. She is such a great girl, and I cannot believe how well she holds her life together - working full-time with sooo many programs, having a full family, running a horse farm, and growing, canning and pickling all her own veggies for the entire winter. Holy shit! I pale in comparison. I am but a peon.

So now that I am home, I have been helping E get ready for prom and finish up this whole college deal. I'm not even going to begin to go into the prom drama. Suffice it to say that the crisis was averted, she looked beautiful, and she and the bow-friend had a great time. (I'll post a couple pics as soon as I scan them.) The college thing, well, that's a whole other post unto itself. We are still waiting to find out if Berry College will offer her enough of a scholarship to make it feasible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

On another subject altogether, I got an email from an old high school friend. It's been interesting catching up with him, and fun. I just can't shake the visual of him in high school, eye-liner and all. Here's a pic of John in his glory days while in his band, the Boom Choir. He's the one on the right. Q-T-pie!

No comments: