Tuesday, March 07, 2006

construction
















Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been so long! But what it reminded me of was this time last year. I remember how mad Stevie was at me about something I had said, and it totally put a bad spin on what should've have been a special day. We had just started discussing the possibility of putting an addition on our home, and he was talking about doing all the construction himself. I got nervous, especially thinking of his mom's construction projects, rather haphazard in approach, spur of the moment kind of stuff, and I was afraid he'd dork the whole thing up. Holy crap, he was mad at me! I don't blame him - I came off sounding like I have no confidence in his abilities. So I ended up bringing him flowers and a gift certificate to Home Depot. Me, I got nuthin' except a hurt expression. Damn, I'm thick sometimes!

Anyway, that brings us full circle, another year under our belts, and much of the construction of said addition has been completed. The main room is done, and Stevie is now working on the sun room that comes off the back of the new room. Here's some pics to see our progress, before and after... and as for our anniversary, we decided to hold off on the presents this year, since we've been spending so much moolah on the room and stuff. Instead, we just promised to keep on spreadin' the love.

No comments: