Monday, May 14, 2007

belated Mother's Day report

Well, yesterday was Mother's Day. It wasn't the typical fanfare, but I was glad for it. A nice quiet day. Peaceful. Charlie got up and made breakfast, crepes. He's twelve for God sake, and he's making crepes!!! Steve came home early from work and took me out to pick out my Mother's Day foliage. Traditionally, if I don't receive some electronic gadget, then I get a special plant/shrubbery. So this year Stevie bought me a trellis and two clematis for it. I also got two beautiful red lantana to go in my hangy baskets out front. But perhaps better than any of those presents was something I did with Sammy. I remembered the gift that we had gotten him for Christmas, the "hit away", and I finally figured out how to set it up. He stayed outside for about 30 minutes, practicing. Then today, again, he practiced batting before his game. And this evening, I got the best present... he had his best game ever! Three at-bats, he got zero outs. The first up he hit a text-book bunt right down the third base line. The second and third ups he hit SOLID hits to right/center field, getting on base each time!!! I tell ya, the look on his face and the confidence that he gained... that was the best Mother's Day present EVER!!!

No comments: